Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Final pics in England. For now ;)

The last week in England. Still not 100% sure on Rainbow's collection date, but transporters have assured me it'll be soon...

Move load goes tomorrow, including tack. I have left lunging equipment at the yard for Rainbow for this final week's light exercising. I am hoping I won't be stopped at Helsinki-airport next week, with my cats and a suitcase full of some random S&M looking gear...! I will put the long lunging whip with the move load and borrow others' whips at the yard, as I don't think a friendly customs officer would understand. ;D

I am hoping and praying the transport company don't decide to pick Rainbow up on Sat, as I have the full intention of going on a last blow out with some horsey friends to Badminton Horse Trials. Bit of X-country action and picnicking and shopping (not much for me though, but maybe a head collar...)

I am documenting our last hacks, and hoof man Tim's visit and final group lesson... I do apologise for looking a bit rough in some pics... I think this moving malarkey is slightly taking its toll on me. I promise to improve and look perkier in the future!

Nevertheless, enjoy.





















And, finally, Rainbow showing how to eat Cow Parsley. Her fave.



I have made so many lovely horsey friends at Blewbury in my time here. I have also been lucky to find my lovely little mare in the same place. I do have my concerns and hesitations about moving myself and her so far away from what we have called our home for so long. It's natural to feel apprehensive in front of big changes... 

England will always be my home too – I have spent my formative adult years here and it will always have a special place in my heart. I will want to visit as often as possible. Most of all, I will miss my friends, all those lovely people I've got to know here over the years (horsey and otherwise!). Love you all. 

Luckily planes have been invented and nothing has to be forever, so I am not saying that the prospect of returning to the UK one day is out of the question. But, on the other hand, the need to be closer to my family is also weighing heavily on the scales at the moment. I hope Finland welcomes us with open arms and new adventures are awaiting us. I'm going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment