Thursday, September 26, 2013

Back in the saddle, as of tomorrow

It's been a busy week but a good one. I've lunged Rainbow but left it to others to ride her - until tomorrow that is. She's been a really good girl and I watched my friend, Becca, ride her on Tuesday's evening lesson. The lesson was jumping lesson, so I went to watch a bit and took a few videos for Becca too. I couldn't help but feel a little ping of jealousy when Becca took Rainbow around a small course of jumps. But it was also fab to see how positive and forward my horse is. Becca really likes Rainbow and said she's ideal; happy to always give a go at most things and safe to ride. I watched as Rainbow approached the jump, ears forward, and flew over the jumps effortlessly. 

I don't know what's gone into me but I'm actually considering partaking in a show jumping competition next weekend...! Not sure if it's too soon, but will have a couple of jumping lessons this week and next, and will see how it goes. It's tempting as we've never had a "very novicey" class  at our yard's competitions before, which means jumps are around 40-50cm and there won't be any fillers. So I'm thinking I should be able to get over them... Given that Rainbow jumps 80-90cm nowadays... Hmmm, food for thought...



No comments:

Post a Comment