Thursday, September 26, 2013

The new saddle has arrived!

The saddler texted me yesterday to say he was waiting for Albion to deliver the saddle. It due to arrive on UPS, so as soon as he'd have it, he'd let me know. Just as I was leaving the yard, after lunging Rainbow - which went well btw (I love that horse!), the saddler texted me to say he'd be at the yard 7ish. So I went home for a couple of hours and returned later.

When I got to the yard again, I witnessed something I have not yet witnessed and it melted me: I saw Rainbow dozing in her stable lying down! Managed to snap a picture of it... 




Bambi... :)


Dutifully Rainbow got up when she heard me, although, I tried to sneak away after taking the picture, went to chat to a friend still mucking out...

Once the saddler arrived, we had a little fitting to make sure it fitted OK. Looked fine to me but proof of the pudding will, of course, be in using it. I do have a friend riding R today again, but I might save this saddle for myself until Fri, as I think I deserve to sit in it before anyone else does.

Apologies for the fuzzy quality photo... There was too much excitement about for me to take a steady picture :)



No comments:

Post a Comment