Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Back from hols

Had a good couple of weeks off in the French Alps. We got back last night and I have been a bit knackered all day after the over 800 mile drive from Bourg St Maurice to Oxfordshire. But I wasn't allowed to feel too tired for too long, as I had to pick up the cats from cattery and count my chickens in the garden and go clean up / ride Rainbow... :)

Horse riding has definitely benefitted me on the skiing front too; being a lot fitter and having 'trim' leg muscles helped me tackle even trickier terrain and moguls better this time. I also didn't feel such 'thunder thighs' after a few days of skiing, when my leg muscles suddenly decide to expand, but actually my legs just took all the skiing in their stride and I could still fit in my jeans on the way home –Yay! Thank goodness for our equine friends who keep us fit!

Will be getting back in to horsey stuff in the coming weeks and will keep you posted. Here a few pics from the day before I went away, as Rainbow was having her shoes done and it was such a warm day, I had to take a few snaps. Felt like the first day of spring. It went downhill from there, as, this Sunday, most of Oxfordshire received a freakish dump of snow! I saw some pictures on Facebook. However, it disappeared as quickly as it had arrived. No sign of it by the time we got home.

All cleaned and polished before Mummy went away





Girl's got to treat herself to a pair of new shoes occasionally...

I know it's a horsey blog but here a picture of me on top of a glacier  in Tignes – one of the resorts we skied in. (The peaks in the background are distant mountains... Not sure the depth aspect in this photo is quite right, but hope it makes sense.)


While I was whizzing down the mountains, Rainbow was kept relatively busy. I received a lovely update from Annika, a text which read: 

Hi mummy. Just had a lovely hack. Was really brave last Friday and jumped big jumps with Annika. Hope you are having a great holiday. See you soon. Love, Rainbow.

Accompanied by a photo:



Awww.... x x




No comments:

Post a Comment