Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer hols looming

The plan is to enjoy each other's company this week and then Rainbow will have a little break while I am off on holiday for a week or so. 

Today we jumped little crosspoles on a group lesson. I am really starting to enjoy it and Rainbow is definitely a keen jumper. I just decided to fix my gaze to an object that was beyond the jump and just 'drive' R over the jump. So no looking at the jump when you get there but to a point beyond. This ensured that she was feeling my intentions and was no under illusions of what was being asked. R didn't hesitate at all, every jump was good – once took a bigger leap as I didn't prepare her for the jump properly, so she couldn't fit in another step, so she had to leap. My fault!

Tomorrow the plans is to hack out and then Wednesday I think I will school her a little and Thursday final 'dressage' lesson before the well-earned hols starts on Fri.




Girls practising being on holiday in their paddock.

No comments:

Post a Comment