Thursday, August 14, 2014

Flatwork lesson No. 378, or something like that!

Lots of pics of us on today's lesson under instruction from Iitu.

It's a lovely feeling to finally get the horse working under you and bending as she should. Hard work, for I am not an expert, but oh so satisfying when it comes through... Probably one of those things that keep me hooked on riding!

Inspired by this blog post by Johanna as I set off to the yard this afternoon, I tried to remember nuggets of information she described in how to ride the horse and support it, and to imagine the horse going nicely and noticing they often do when you can first picture it.

It wasn't perfect but towards the end it started to come together. I have blatantly picked the best pictures, if nothing else then as a confidence boost. ;) Thank you to Tiina for coming with me today and first helping groom Rainbow and then sitting on the sidelines snapping a few pics for me.









3 comments:

  1. Lovely colors you two have there!! Love it! <3 And R looks like she's concentrating on what you ask for, good job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bought the Lami-Cell saddle cloth in the summer, as it was such a cool bright colour. Rainbow being 'rainbow', I like to buy colourful things for her. But then, a friend rudely commented on FB that it didn't suit Rainbow, apparently, her being 'ginger' and all... So I went and bought a sport-top from H&M for myself in the 'team colour', just out of spite! ;D

      Delete
    2. I think that and other bright colours suits every horse, but pastel colours are only for small ponies ;)

      Delete