Wednesday, January 22, 2014

How NOT to jump at show jumping competition!

Last Sunday I did something I hadn't thought I'd do a while yet: took part in a 'proper' SJ competition. Up until now we've taken part in two 'very novice' competitions. 

These 'proper' competition fences had fillers on them, plenty of oxers, and some were 'planks' – and we also had mid-winter sun shining through the windows on some of the jumps – the horror! 

However, if someone had told me even 6 months ago that I would be attempting 60cm class in SJ, I would have laughed. Rainbow has done them but I haven't, and it's been a big deal to have plucked up courage to even attempt it.

This time no rosettes but bit of embarrassment and a slightly twisted knee, which I am pleased to report is actually better already. 

Notes from the day: We had too long a wait in the warm up – note to self – do a quick warm up and put your number up on the board as soon as so you don't have to wait forever your turn and therefore give yourself (and your horse!) time to think about what you're about to do. 

There's nothing to it than let the video do the talking... 

And for those watching with a keen critical eye, YES, I wobble a lot in the jumps and frankly am all over the place most of the time ... I am aware of the evident need for more lessons, thank you :)











No comments:

Post a Comment