Friday, November 16, 2012

Signed, sealed and... delivered?

Certainly signed and sealed but not sure if delivered, we'll see on Thursday.

I have now signed us up for our first Dressage test. My legs are going slightly jelly-like just thinking about it. Last night I pumped myself up full of online video tutorials on how to plait a mane... Next, I will try and find a video about the test we're doing - I have the test sheets already. This weekend's riding will be dedicated to learning the test.

We are doing British Dressage Walk & Trot B 2009. Nothing spectacular. My aim is to get the route right (i.e. remember it!) and hope that Rainbow doesn't freak out about the arena borders (she hasn't before when others have ridden her).

At least this now gives me a good excuse to travel to Robinsons, in Basingstoke, this weekend, to stock up all things dressage... I don't own a showjacket or white jodhs yet, and I think my old black riding boots that mum bought me when I was 9 (off the Kaupin Talli noticeboard, in Tampere), second hand, are a bit too old to be worn now. They still fit me, I kid you not! Mum clearly bought them for me with 'a little room to grow into', ummmmm... 20 years later they still fit me... Proves how little I have grown. I remember, they cost 50 Marks, which was a largish amount back then - and I think mum wanted to save a bit in boots (that I would grow out of!) as she had spent a small fortune on my beautiful and brand-new real-suede breeches (the whole bum bit was real suede) and an expensive safety riding hat. 

Robinsons is - I hear -'the Ikea of equine equipment stores'. Can't wait!

www.robinsonsequestrian.com

1 comment:

  1. You will do fine! :D Horses remember well, so if you practise the route, Rainbow will remember ;) This is not a good thing for experienced dressage riders, but it was ok for us (me & Emmi)first-timers ;D So no worries!

    ReplyDelete