Monday, December 10, 2012

Lunging Rainbow

I thought I'd lunge Rainbow today as the lesson we try and do on Monday mornings was fully booked and I am also suffering from a slightly sore lower back thanks to Rainbow chucking me off on Friday (fallen off, again!, I hear you say... My thoughts exactly...). It was a very calm lesson and we were just trotting around the school and taking turns with others in doing some forehand turns at the other end of the school (in which she was very good at, despite never having done them before!). Anyway, I think it was just a strip of sunlight beaming in from the ceiling and perhaps our shadows moved in the light, so suddenly R decided it was too much and did a sharp evasion to the left while I was mid-air in doing the rising trot. Before I knew it, I was on the ground. Stupid horse.

So that's how I came to the decision today that lunging would be the best mild activity for both of us. As an extra bonus to a beautiful day outside, a friend agreed to film us, so here's the film. To jazz up the relatively mundane video of a horse going around in circles I put Robbie Williams' "Candy" soundtrack to it and added some snazzy transitions. I do have real work to get on with but I am clearly procrastinating by compiling silly videos instead... 

I claim not to be exactly like Candice in Robbie's song, even though I am fairly educated and sometimes struggle to count to ten ;)... However, the song has always struck a cord with me as it has been playing on the radio for the whole autumn and I've often heard it on my trips to the yard. 

No prizes for spotting words such as "Rainbows and her ponies" :)... Hey ho here we go!





1 comment:

  1. Moikka! Toivottavasti selkäkipu hellittää, ikävä tömähdys. Mutta näitä sattuu... Rainbow näyttää jo osaavan mennä juoksutuksessa hyvin ympyrää ja hyvässä rytmissä. Sille voisi olla hyötyä sellaisesta juoksutus systeemistä, joka ohjaa laittamaan painoa enemmän takajaloille ja siirtämään takajalkoja pitemmälle rungon alle. Nyt sen takajalat tekee aika lyhyttä askelta eli ei käytä selkäänsä. Siihen on esim. Pessoa juoksutusjärjestelmä: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBlJCmzSgz8

    ReplyDelete