Thursday, January 24, 2013

Equine Nutrition

Today we have dressage lesson again. I haven't been in the saddle for a couple of days, as let Rainbow to be used on a lesson on Tuesday. She's often used on the evening lesson on Tuesdays, as it's 'better riders' lesson and there's a lady who quite likes Rainbow, so I let her to be used on that lesson. This means that I get a day off and she gets moved a good hour. 

Yesterday I asked Annika to jump Rainbow, as I haven't jumped her for a long while. Suffering from lack of confidence on that front at the moment, but will do some pole work and low jumping soon. I think a private lesson with Annika is in order. I am sensing that Rainbow is a bit bored with flatwork at the moment. However, I decided it's good for us to take a step back in the sense that we can work on the very basics, such as routes and straightness before we do other stuff. So that's why the dressage lesson this afternoon.

Also the wintry weather has meant that we haven't been out hacking at all, because of ice. The horses here don't have stud shoes, so even walking across the car park, to our own paddock, has to be performed with calmness and precision to avoid slippages. But the snow is melting and temperatures are on the up now, so hopefully we can take a little walk around the village by next week.


But to actually match my post title, I want to share this with you. I have signed up to free online course, run by University of Edinburgh, on Equine Nutrition, starts on 28th Jan. Might be of interest to my fellow horsey people! Have a look.

Coursera - Equine Nutrition


1 comment:

  1. Katso mielenkiintoinen blogi: http://onnellinenponi.blogspot.fi/p/hevoset-osaa-puhua-jos-niita.html

    Hauskoja hevosen luonneanalyyseja ja natural horsemanship-tehtäviä. Tän mukaan Emmi ja Kuu on täydelliset vastakohdat ;D

    ReplyDelete