Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Happy hack pics

It's looking to be warm and muggy tomorrow and my friend S (who loans my old loan horse Sampson now) has even booked the afternoon off work, so we can go for a longer hack.... Looking forward to it already! Hoping also that R is in cooperative mood and we can try some cantering again.  I have given her a day off in the field today.

We had a lesson yesterday with Claire again and it was good fun, though I felt quite tired for some reason and couldn't really pull my riding together, so it was a bit hard work at times. I think the muggy warm evening didn't help either and R felt quite floppy too. But we did some poles and a little cross poles at the end of the session, which helped us end on a good note and got us doing some jumps! I do love jumping, it's just the nervy fear of not knowing if she'll go over them or not... Totally in between my ears as she has never refused on me yet (*touching wood). So I should just trust her and point her to the next jump!

These pics are from last week, out with Denise and Zara! I will try and snap a few tomorrow. 


Denise and Zara


"Look at the camera!"

Mounted police officer and her trusty steed ;)

Zara's neck

I do have other exciting times ahead as well. I am having a big milestone birthday this week and to celebrate my partner and I are going to Royal Ascot on Thursday, which is the Gold Cup Day - aka Ladies' Day, to watch a bit of horse racing. Have my hat and dress at the ready. Will promise to post on Ascot too!

No comments:

Post a Comment