Monday, December 9, 2013

Jump, jump, jump!

I am putting in some jumping lessons this week in anticipation to the weekend's another very novice SJ competition. We had another one this morning and it was very enjoyable...

Yesterday, our instructor A rode Rainbow around a 70cm course of jumps, as there was a SJ competition at our yard yesterday as well. It all went very well and was about to be a clear round but, on the last jump, which was a 'plank' type jump (no round poles but planks), so R – a bit cheekily – stopped. So A had to do a little round with her and approach again, so unfortunately got 4 points. Rainbow stopped on the second approach again but A got her over it anyway. I said to A that I think we'll practise the 'plank' jumps with Miss R today, so she's not using them as an excuse. I am pleased to say she flew over all the jumps today and we had a really enjoyable lesson. The jumps were all easily 60cm and some probably slightly higher... 

Because we won the last Class 1 in the previous very-novice SJ back in October, we are not strictly allowed to enter the 40 and 50cm classes this weekend as other than HC (hors concours). Which is fine with me as I certainly don't go there to 'win'. I am still at a stage where I just want to get around in one piece. So any ranking is merely a bonus. However, the prospect of doing 60cm, so Class 3, which I could partake in fully, is tempting me... Given how well we went over the jumps today... Should I? Rainbow is fully capable, it's between the driver's ears that's causing the hesitation...  We'll see. 

I realise I haven't put up any videos or pics of late, so here a little trotting video from a recent Mary Webb lesson... Followed by a couple of pics from today. Enjoy.












No comments:

Post a Comment