Sunday, December 15, 2013

Happy Crimbo! Over and out.

A good ending to a 'season' of SJ. By season I mean the two competitions we took part in this autumn. 


Today, we had to compete as hors concours (HC), due to having accidentally won our class last time. The rules stipulated that in the Class 2, which we did today, it was: 'Open to horses and ponies riders any age combination never  to have been placed 1st in an open showjumping competition.' 

But I didn't want to go from 40cm to 60cm straight-out, even though my instructor said to me on Tuesday that we should do the 60... And in practice we've been doing 60... But it is a psychological thing and I didn't want to push myself too hard. So 50 we did. 

This time it was a course of 10 jumps, not timed. All clear rounds qualified for a jump off. We did a clear round, so we were told – as HC competitors – that, as it's a jolly Christmas show, we could take part in the jump off, should we wish to do so. 




In the jump off there were 6 jumps to do against the clock. We did it in 37,13 sec. I checked afterwards and the winning pony had done it in 36,13. 

We were given a rosette as well, which rather made my day. 

Here a video, yet again another one of our 'super-polished' performances – first the competition and then the jump off.





Happy Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment