Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Dressaging again

First dressage for 4 months. Enjoyed it - actually for the first time felt good to be there and accepted the feeling that "we are where we are in our development" and this is fine. This is the best we can do right now. Rainbow was an angel. Judge was harsh. But have found Finnish judges being much harsher than UK ones. Also this "beginner" class was all in sitting trot with extended trotting in between, lots of cantering with extended cantering in between...! We got 55,435%. Not sure what the winner got, just over 60% I would imagine. 
One criticism of the Finnish dressage "culture": I don't understand why people compete in such casual outfits. I understand if you are young and can't afford a whole competition attire but at least smart shirt, light breeches... or, if nothing else, plait your horse at least! I was the only one wearing a jacket and had a plaited horse. Perhaps the judge was harsher because of that ;) ... But I feel that even with practice/unaff competitions people should make an effort. Like they do in the UK, for example. From the word go. Getting ready for competition means dressing up appropriately for the occasion and how would you practise it if not in unaff competitions??
Enjoyed myself and already checking out the calendar for more. Thank you to Essi for helping us come along in leaps and bounds in the last few months, all my friends for support and cheering... And last, but not least, Rainbow for being my friend and best horse one could hope for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment