Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Cheeky morning hack

There's nothing better than starting the day with a hack. We had a lovely time with our friends J and O. I had partly mentally prepared myself to try cantering again, but we ended up nattering all the way around, so didn't in the end. The horses were good even though we had a few 'scary' moments of other horses lurking in the bushes and fields and a whole gaggle of race horses and jockeys trotting up the road. 

Our route felt a lot longer as we mostly walked, so when I mapped it out, it only came to about 5 miles all together. But I guess it's nice to get out with the horses and not always rush around. R seemed sufficiently tired when we got back. I let her out in the field with others for the rest of the day. 

In the summer owning a horse, riding and being able to let them out in the field regularly is so nice. Much easier and carefree than winter. Here's to a long summery season. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment